Saturday, March 26, 2011

100 book challenge.

So.. After 30+ pages on Tale of Daon #2, I hit what I'd like to term "a progressive burn-out". It happens about 6 months to a year into any creative endeavor of mine, and is no surprise.

Therefore, I shall once again pick up reading. 100 books sounds like a reasonable number, about 2 a week, maybe more, maybe less. Maybe I'll finally get to posting those book reviews on here again. Who knows!

Anyway, the first two books, freshly read:

Salt: A World History, by Mark Kurlansky- A highly recommended read. Salt is a surprisingly interesting subject, and I wouldn't mind reading the guy's cod (fish) book.

The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan- I read it a while back (maybe in highschool?), and recall it being a lot better, factually, than it seems right now. It's still a rather interesting read, but after Salt: A World History, is nowhere thorough enough.


Cheers!

Nadya

No comments:

Post a Comment